Monday 26 September 2016

Week 1: Web 1.0 2.0 3.0

Hello world! I am Amelia aka Ameow aka Amems aka Kahmunam. I am taking a COM125 module, Introduction to the Internet by Mr Abel Choy (Hi, if you're reading this!). This space is where I share my opinions, thoughts, knowledge and discovery about the internet. I hope I don't bore you haha!

I was just born when Web 1.0 came out in 1996. You could only receive information from the websites alongside with other 45 million users. I can't imagine how boring the websites looked last time, just simply black and white or flashy with bad graphic design skills. 

Then of course, things got so much better in the 2000s. Web 2.0 came about in 2006 with more than a billion users. I am a huge fan of the internet. It not only provides me with information, it allows me to have a platform to say what I want to say, be it my thoughts or even this blog post alone to share my knowledge. I am able to interact with my friends and strangers online from all over the world. Youtube is the best form of entertainment. Beauty and lifestyle videos, music videos, comedy sketches, drama shows, recipe videos and the list goes on! Who needs the TV now! All these content creators online provides a even greater variety of entertainment to our lives. 

I am pretty amazed by Web 3.0. Honestly speaking, I don't even know if I can handle it in the future! (or is it already happening?) Artificial intelligence, machine-to-machine interaction, computers that can read our minds? Not prepared for it.. hahaha. 

Above is a summary of what impact Web 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 have on e-commerce and online advertising.  "We believe this is what you are looking for." connects with me because everyone wants to purchase the right products for the right purposes. Unlike Web 2.0 which we read reviews and forums before buying things, Web 3.0 is so much better as it is more personalised and accurate in terms of decision making. Well, I guess advancing is not a bad idea after all. Cheers to making better choices!!

Have a great day everyone! Peace. 


1 comment: